VIDALIA ONION PIE
Prep time: 10-15 min
Total time: 40-45 min
Makes 2 pies (8-10 servings)
2 Cups ritz cracker crumb (or buy frozen pie crusts)
6 Cups Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
4 Tbsp of butter melted (or 3 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp coconut oil is enough)
1 ½ Cups of milk
1 Tsp salt
1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese (sharp)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix Ritz cracker crumbs and 1 Tbsp melted butter.
- Press mixture into 2 8-9 inch pie plates (or use frozen pie crust).
- Sauté onions with 2 Tbsp of the butter + 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or 3 Tbsp of butter) until clear, not browned. Spoon into pie crusts.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper; pour over onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with paprika.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until firm in the center.